Pre-Conference SessionHall: Cirrus Ballroom B
ATTRACTING AND ENABLING THE GEOSPATIAL WORKFORCE OF THE FUTURE
The rapid pace of technology advancement, retirements/attrition in the geospatial workforce, and the expansion of geospatial use cases across our user community / industry disciplines is creating a potential disruption in the necessary expertise for the future. Experts from across government, academia and the private sector will convene to focus, identify, and discuss key realities / challenges in the workforce today, and to recommend potential approaches to attract, prepare, retain, and strengthen the workforce of the future. As we navigate through this discussion, our panelists will cover a wide variety of topics, including:
- Ways to attract and inform geospatial workforce on opportunities across an expanding user industry.
- How to ensure readiness of new entrants to meet job requirements within an expanding industry base.
- Strategies to facilitate career advancement within user industry organizations.
- The necessary training and development opportunities and how to support your team with pursuing them
- Strategies to help ensure our workplace provides a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment for our future leaders and workforce
Senior Consultant - Location Intelligence Practice | Deloitte
President | URISA
Professor of Civil and Urban Engineering, and Director of Citizen Science | Center for Urban Science and Progress NYU Tandon School of Engineering
CEO | SpatialGIS
Executive VP | Dewberry
Director | Professor of the Practice, The Geospatial Centre, Delta State University